79081 pastes in the database
|Python console session||1002|
|...and 623 more|
I created this pastebin in 2006 and it's been in continuous service ever since. The popular pastebin of the day had been having reliability problems; mostly I wanted to make something reliable for fellow Django coders in Freenode's #django IRC channel. It caught on. By Django 1.0, the "Share this traceback" button using dpaste.com was added to Django's debug page, and it remains there today.
I welcome comments and questions — Paul Bissex, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application language: Python
- Framework: Django
- Front-end base: HTML5 Boilerplate
- Syntax coloring: Pygments
- Hashing for IDs: MurmurHash
- Base 32 conversion for IDs: basewhat
- WSGI server: Gunicorn
- Reverse proxy web server: nginx
- Database: SQLite
- Administration tooling: Fabric
- Version control: Mercurial
- Project hosting: Bitbucket
- Static file hosting: Amazon S3
- Application hosting: JohnCompanies FreeBSD VPS
For more, see my blog post "The story of dpaste.com 2.0".
Tweets by @dpastedotcom